Current Job Openings:
Comfort Care Aides
Manpower is currently seeking multiple Comfort Care Aides at various locations in a
range of care settings across Alberta.
Comfort Care Aides (CCAs) assist Registered Nurses, Licenced Practical Nurses and
Health Care Aides, providing a wide-range of assistance including companionship and
life-enrichment activities with residents, assisting with mobile communication devices to
ensure ongoing opportunities for engagement with families and loved ones, and
assisting with some basic personal care, cleaning, and screening as determined by the
site. CCAs are not a self-governing health profession and must work under the
supervision and direction of a regulated health professional such as a Registered Nurse,
Registered Psychiatric Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse while delivering health care
services. The range of duties provided by CCAs will be determined by individual clients
and/or client populations, the care setting, the competency of the individual CCA,
employer policies and guidelines and, when applicable, provincial legislation.
- Act as a resident companion, providing comfort and support to residents via companionship such as playing cards, reading the newspaper together, visiting, art, hand pampering, assisting with using mobile communication devices, etc.
- Assist residents/clients with activities of daily living such as dressing, mobilization, and opening food packages, etc.
- Homemaking tasks including making unoccupied beds.
- Porter residents/clients to and from their rooms, recreational activities, dining room, etc.
- Participate in hydration rounds and assist with meals.
- Assist with mobility of residents including turning and repositioning residents/clients, applying and removing ambulatory and orthopedic devices, etc.
- Load, unload and store supplies, and fill and replace personal protective equipment (PPE) carts.
- Assist with cleaning duties including cleaning tubs/showers after use, emptying laundry baskets, emptying garbage, completing enhanced cleaning/disinfecting of high touch surfaces throughout the building.
- Screen staff and visitors as per outbreak/pandemic procedure, monitor front entrance, and receive deliveries.
Required Education / Experience:
- Grade 10
- English Proficiency
Please email your resume directly to email@example.com or call me at 1-403-816-3090.