5001 Royal St.
About the Library
The Coronation Memorial Library came into being in March, 1949 and was housed in the Club Rooms of the Royal Canadian Legion, with an inventory of 857 books. Today, we serve Coronation and area from the modern Golden Age Club building on Main Street. We have over 7,200 books, 1200 DVDs, 3 public computers, study space, a Children's Area and more in our Library.
Our Mission: to provide the community with access to cultural, educational and leisure materials by establishing, maintaining and preserving an organized collection of books and other media, and to act as a centre for electronic information, resources and communication.
- Different types of books, including large print books, audio books and Christian books
- DVD's and Blu-Rays
- Inter-Library Loans - order materials from all over Alberta online at home via our website, in person, or by phone
- Computer workstations - use of software programs, High Speed Internet and WiFi, computer printing/scanning is also available for a small charge
- Projector loans - includes projector, laptop and screen
- Power monitor loans
- Pedometer loans
- Displays by local artisans
- Tourist Information Centre
- Summer/Winter Reading Program:
- various fun and educational programs for children of all ages
- offered to the community free of charge.
- A typical day at the summer reading program consists of crafts, games, snacks and prizes.
- We run the program three days a week where kids from the ages of 5-12 participate in a program tailored to their age.
- Various Seminars - topics chosen based on popular demand (example: eReader tutorials)
Visit our Website at coronationlib.prl.ab.ca. Our website has many features that may interest you:
- eLibrary - Interlibrary loans, renew books and borrow eBooks and magazines
- Library News - updates on programs offered at the Library
- Databases - Auto Repair, Family History, Encyclopedia, Mango, Newspapers and more!
- List of new books and DVDs
- FYI help for both website and eReaders
- Polls and Suggestion Box - give us your opinions to improve our services
Hours of Operation:
- Sunday - Closed
- Monday - 12:00 pm to 5:30 pm
- Tuesday - 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Wednesday - 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Thursday - 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Friday - 12:00 pm to 5:30 pm
- Saturday - 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Library Card Fees
- Chelsea Peacock